Thursday, March 25, 2010

MUN Reflection

This last year of MUN, I saw myself playing a bigger role than ever before . I completed my fist learning outcome this year by working very successfully with my partner. This year we both wrote well researched position papers which were a lot better written and researched then the one I produced last year. Also I was able to help show her different aspects of MUN and she was able to bring new ideas to our group when representing Macedonia. I think we worked really well together and were able to research both topics fully so that both partners would be equally prepared on both subjects.

I also completed my second learning outcome of considering my ethical implications. I have learned so much about the tricky process of de mining and also about how the UN works as a whole. I learned that when it comes to the dangerous and ethical question of de-mining there is so much to consider in the real world outside of the question of whether it's right or wrong. How much each country can supply for finically aiding a nation to de min and if using animals for finding land mines is an ethical process are two ethical issues that I had to think about during this experience. It's not about whether a country think's mines are wrong and should be gotten ride of, it's how this great goal can be reached and how far countries are willing to go to reach this ethical goal. I also learned a lot about the ethics of the UN as a whole. I learned about the importance of alligs and how a country might but align with certain countries even if it is not necessarily the best course of action. In the MUN conference this year Macedonia supported the failing resolution because even though it was not the better paper, we sided with what our ally's wanted. Alliances are such a important ethical consideration in the real UN and it was important to learn about it in this conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment